Skip to main content

Are you a proud shopaholic?

How old were you when you realised you were a shopaholic?

To be honest I have only recently realised just how bad I am! I have always loved pretty shiny things even as a young girl but only in the last few years since I started blogging and my make up career have I really noticed how much I spend time looking at products!

are you a shopholic
How do you feel after shopping, and do you have any weird habits you do after shopping?

I feel fantastic after a shopping trip although sometimes a little guilty if I've overspent! I usually bring the products home and show family or friends what I have bought. I also tend to keep them in the packaging or wrapping in my drawers until I use them for some reason.

 

What are your top 5 favourite stores to shop at and why?

For clothing I love Topshop and Miss selfridge because I can buy both basics and going out clothing there. My favourite beauty store is Space NK and any department store beauty hall such as Selfridges! I also love Liberty for browsing expensive products which I can put on my dream wish list! Thats not including the hundreds of online stores I love!

 

What item do you have the most of in your closet?

Black clothing! As a makeup artist I am wearing black 99% of the time!

 

Whats the most you have ever spent on 1 shopping trip?

I don't know exactly but probably about £250 on makeup and beauty products especially when I first started out in makeup and had to buy products for my kit so technically I couldn't feel guilty ;) On clothing I have probably spent about £200 in Topshop Oxford St before including clothing and accessories.

 

Do you ever experience shoppers regret?

I generally only buy things I know I will use so thankfully I never need to return products. I have bought a few beauty products which I hardly ever use which I do slightly regret but I tend to go into a shop thinking " If I don't want it immediately, I shouldn't buy it"

 

What was something you regretted buying?

I regret buying things like embellished tops because after one or two wears the beading has come off and I can't wear it again :(

 

What is your favourite thing to buy?

I have a makeup and beauty addiction first and foremost and makeup brushes are my vice. I am always keen to try new brands so I own many different brushes and brands. As far as clothing goes I like to buy dresses whether they be day or night styles. I also love statement necklaces!

 

Do you buy the same items in different colours?

Yes! A lot of my Topshop jersey tops and t shirts come in a variety of colours so if I find a style that fits I like to buy at least 2 colour variations because I know I will get a lot of use out of them

 

Do you ever use dressing rooms?

I always try on clothes because at 5ft1 and a size 8/10 with a large chest I really struggle to find a good fit!


Do you prefer to go shopping alone, or with others?... and who is your favourite shopping buddy?

I like a girly shopping day or a browse with my bf but I have to admit I tend to find more things I want when i'm on my own because I can really focus! I do most of my shopping online so i'm used to shopping alone!

 

If you could go shopping with a Celeb who would it be and why?

It would be a toss up between Lauren Conrad and Kim Kardashian! I love both of their styles despite being quite different. Lauren wears the beachy girl next door styles I like whereas Kim is more edgy and I love her designer accessories. I would probably invite Kim first so Kanye could lend us some spending money ;)

 

If you could go shopping with a Blogger/Youtube guru who would it be and why?

That is a tough one as I have so many favourites! I would probably invite my makeup guru Wayne Goss (Gossmakeupartis) because he could tell me his honest opinion on the best makeup products to invest in.

 

Whats your favourite, treat, snack, drink during or after shopping?

I like to keep hydrated while i'm shopping so a water or juice always has to be in my handbag. I will usually just grab a sandwich if I am shopping alone but if its a girls day out I like to make a day of it so will usually suggest a dinner after.

 

What is something you have always wanted to buy but never had the money to do so?

I have always wanted to buy myself a designer handbag such as an Alexander Wang or Chloe. I think this year I will stop buying so many beauty products, save up especially and treat myself ;)

 

If you had £1000 to spend on anything you want, what would you splurge on?

I would probably invest in some really expensive makeup brushes, an Alexander Wang bag and as many lipsticks as I could get my hands on!

 

Are you a proud shopaholic?

Strangely, yes!

I tag all of you to take part in this tag as I would love to hear your shopping confessions too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handbag Answer from the Style Coach

Question came in: I have a Juicy bag with torn piping. I have had a really hard time trying to get it fixed. Nordstrom said that they can't do it and all the leather repair places here in Salt Lake say they can't do it. Artbag.com wants $150 to repair it, but it's only a $200 bag. The article says it's easy to do. Where can I get it fixed without breaking the bank? Answer: I've done some investigating on this one. Find a reputable shoe repair place and ask them, they often do handbag work and are really good at leather and detail work. Additionally, you can ask where Nordstrom or Saks (depends on where you live) send their bags for repair, and go there yourself. Nordstrom is probably quoting you so much because they don't want to do it and accept the liability of it not turning out perfectly. Be open to a creative solution from your repair place of choice. Another option is to take a picture of the bag and send it to someone pretty senior at Juicy and see if

12 Basics Every Woman Should Know : Fashion Mistakes You May Be Making

The twelve basics every woman should know about fashion. Link here. I talked to the writer, Sally, a few months back when she was working on this piece for MSN. She was putting together    Photos of celebrities making fashion faux pas are a staple of the weekly gossips magazines. And television shows—like What Not to Wear—that help ordinary women overhaul their wardrobes draw millions of viewers each week. So in other words, we’re obsessed with how we dress. But that doesn’t mean we necessarily always get it right. In fact, there are several common style missteps that many women routinely make. And with a few simple fixes, you can take your wardrobe from so-so to spectacular! 1. Being a slouch. Technically your posture has nothing to do with your clothes, but it turns out that Mom was right: You really do look better when you stand up straight. “I swear it makes you look like you’ve lost five pounds instantly,” says style coach Rachael Shayne. You don’t have to walk around as if you