Skip to main content

Handbag Answer from the Style Coach

Question came in: I have a Juicy bag with torn piping. I have had a really hard time trying to get it fixed. Nordstrom said that they can't do it and all the leather repair places here in Salt Lake say they can't do it. Artbag.com wants $150 to repair it, but it's only a $200 bag. The article says it's easy to do. Where can I get it fixed without breaking the bank?

handbag-choice

Answer: I've done some investigating on this one. Find a reputable shoe repair place and ask them, they often do handbag work and are really good at leather and detail work. Additionally, you can ask where Nordstrom or Saks (depends on where you live) send their bags for repair, and go there yourself. Nordstrom is probably quoting you so much because they don't want to do it and accept the liability of it not turning out perfectly. Be open to a creative solution from your repair place of choice.

Another option is to take a picture of the bag and send it to someone pretty senior at Juicy and see if they have some ideas--curious to see how they handle the situation.

Lastly, you may have to look for a new bag...

On the next, 3 easy looks for every face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Basics Every Woman Should Know : Fashion Mistakes You May Be Making

The twelve basics every woman should know about fashion. Link here. I talked to the writer, Sally, a few months back when she was working on this piece for MSN. She was putting together    Photos of celebrities making fashion faux pas are a staple of the weekly gossips magazines. And television shows—like What Not to Wear—that help ordinary women overhaul their wardrobes draw millions of viewers each week. So in other words, we’re obsessed with how we dress. But that doesn’t mean we necessarily always get it right. In fact, there are several common style missteps that many women routinely make. And with a few simple fixes, you can take your wardrobe from so-so to spectacular! 1. Being a slouch. Technically your posture has nothing to do with your clothes, but it turns out that Mom was right: You really do look better when you stand up straight. “I swear it makes you look like you’ve lost five pounds instantly,” says style coach Rachael Shayne. You don’t have to walk around as if you

Are you a proud shopaholic?

How old were you when you realised you were a shopaholic? To be honest I have only recently realised just how bad I am! I have always loved pretty shiny things even as a young girl but only in the last few years since I started blogging and my make up career have I really noticed how much I spend time looking at products! How do you feel after shopping, and do you have any weird habits you do after shopping? I feel fantastic after a shopping trip although sometimes a little guilty if I've overspent! I usually bring the products home and show family or friends what I have bought. I also tend to keep them in the packaging or wrapping in my drawers until I use them for some reason.   What are your top 5 favourite stores to shop at and why? For clothing I love Topshop and Miss selfridge because I can buy both basics and going out clothing there. My favourite beauty store is Space NK and any department store beauty hall such as Selfridges! I also love Liberty for browsing expensi